A handyman, or commonly referred to as a maintenance man, is someone who conducts basic maintenance in homes or businesses, either as a contract worker or part of the maintenance department. Their main duties include fixing electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting, etc.
What are the duties of a handyman?
Since handyman in Asheville is a worker who is skilled in a wide range of jobs, they engage in different types of jobs and their duties vary from each task. Some of their duties include:
- Performing electrical repairs in community areas or in offices.
- Ensure that all equipment is in working condition and gets fixed whenever needed.
- Repair piping and other plumbing related problems whenever needed.
- Repair the floors, windows, paint doors, walls, ceilings, etc. when they damage.
- Maintain and repair the air conditioning and heating systems in homes or offices.
Trends within the handymen industry
There are certain trends floating within the handymen industry of which the handymen must stay up to date because they can definitely give them an advantage in the competitive market.
- The first trend is the Rise of the DIYers. People nowadays, by watching online tutorial videos, are trying to be creative and do basic handyman jobs like repairs and upgrade at home themselves. This trend has a huge impact on the industry. So the handymen who are well versed in these upgrades can have an edge in the industry.
- Focus on energy efficiency is also increasing day by day as the cost of energy keeps rising. Homeowners have increasingly become interested in energy efficient technology. So handymen who can easily install energy-efficient products will be highly demanded in the near future.
- The demand for green solutions is also increasing as people are becoming more conscious about the environment. Thus, it is creating more opportunities for the handymen.
Thus, it can be seen that handyman jobs are much more complicated and heavy than they are assumed by people. The handymen have to be attentive, patient, and skilled with great communication skills to survive in the industry. For handymen, the famous Shakespeare quote fits very well: A jack of all trades is master of none but oftentimes better than a master of one.